You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to stay snug no matter the weather. While it might not be the the top thing that comes to your mind, getting an annual furnace service is a fantastic way to keep from overspending on your utility bills and now is the ideal time to get that scheduled. The pros at E.B. Air, LLC have compiled a number of tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we previously mentioned, furnace service can help save you a number of ways. It can help you identify small problems before they become big problems, and it can help make certain your system is running at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Changing the temperature on your thermostat several degrees can make a big change on your energy bill. Month after month those savings will really add up. If you’re having difficulty getting acclimated to the current temperature, try changing it bit by bit, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will easily adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most effortless and most helpful things a homeowner can do. A clogged filter will keep air from passing through effortlessly, which will cause your system to work harder, which increases your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors with drafts can cause you to lose heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are fantastic ways to fix drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your E.B. Air, LLC technician is over for your annual furnace service, inquire about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you determine if it is time to look into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without inhibiting your comfort.
There isn’t a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are additional ways to save money, but hopefully this will get you off on the right foot. If you need to schedule your regular furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 979-335-4262.