Summer is here! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To boost your comfort and actually relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a fun summer in East Bernard is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While E.B. Air, LLC always recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner running in the heat.
- First, another time to recall the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter routinely! Replace your air filter in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold season. Turning on your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can ultimately damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s operations. Trim the grass, remove any debris and clear away overgrowth that blocks your unit before you start it this summer. remember to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it open and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where it should and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These straightforward steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you need to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call E.B. Air, LLC in East Bernard at 979-335-4262 today.