Having regular air conditioning service completed at least annually can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at top efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the East Bernard summertime, have the specialists at E.B. Air, LLC perform your routine air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be finished during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Check for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if required, look for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, recover any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, as opposed to illicitly discharging it to the air.
- Inspect for correct airflow in the system.
- Verify the right electric control sequence to guarantee proper sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Inspect the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters routinely is essential. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to operate at peak efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it frequently. We suggest checking it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call E.B. Air, LLC today at 979-335-4262.