According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, air ducts should be cleaned at least once every three to five years on average. Your home’s location, your pets and the lifetime of your air filters—along with many other factors—can influence how long your ducts can go without cleaning. How can you know if it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? We’ve got some signs that you should watch for.
Look for these clues:
1. When your vents are totally opened, do any have less airflow than others?
2. Can you hear something other than your blower motor when you listen to the airflow?
3. Is there anything blocking your cold air return vent?
4. When you glimpse inside with a flashlight, can you see a buildup of debris or fuzz from your pet’s hair?
5. Have insects or rodents fashioned a home in your ductwork?
6. Are your cold air returns layered with dust or pet hair?
7. Are your registers driving out dust?
If you said “yes” to any of these questions, it might be time to reach out to E.B. Air, LLC in East Bernard about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
While professional cleanings are important, there are steps you can take to protect your ducts and extend the time between professional appointments.
Most importantly, schedule periodic HVAC maintenance with the pros at E.B. Air, LLC. A yearly checkup of your furnace in the fall and air conditioning unit in the spring will keep your HVAC system running at peak performance. Examining your system regularly and replacing the air filter when needed will also help keep your ducts open.
More ways you can help care for your ducts:
• Seal air duct leaks that let dirt in from spaces such as your attic.
• Check your air filters on a regular basis and switch them out when required.
• Regularly dust and vacuum your house.
• Replace air duct insulation if it is in poor or damp condition.
Keeping your ducts clear will help you make sure the air in your East Bernard home is clean. Be sure to use these preventative steps and schedule a professional duct cleaning now. Call the experts at E.B. Air, LLC at 979-335-4262 or make an appointment online.