Spring is in the air here in East Bernard and that means vacation plans are in your near future. While you’re planning what you need to pack and take with you, don’t forget what stays behind, your home. The E.B. Air, LLC team has some helpful advice that will assist in keeping your home protected and help save some money on your utility bills while you revel in a well-deserved vacation.
- Install Timers - Timers are an inexpensive way to make your home look as though you’re still home by turning off and on the lights as if you never left. It’s a good idea to program your lights to correspond with your regular schedule.
- Enlist the help of a house-sitter - If you have a dependable friend or family member, ask them if they’d mind stopping by and [[checking in on|check up on|look over]18 the house while you’re away. There’s no greater relief than a text while you’re out of town letting you know that everything at home is just fine.
- Wait to share - We aren’t going to ask you not to share photos of your amazing sabbatical on social media, but try to hold off until after you make it home to post photos of your trip. Family and friends most likely already know you’re leaving so there’s no need in letting potential criminals know your intentions. Everyone will be just as enchanted by the amazing things you saw after you safely return home.
- Hold the Mail - The USPS has made it as simple as ever to put a hold on your mail you can do it online right now.
- Unplugged - If an electrical device is plugged in, even if it’s not on, it’s using energy. An effortless way to save some energy while you’re on vacation is to unplug a couple of your electronics. Something that you may not think of unplugging is your garage door. It will conserve energy and it will also be another safeguard for your home.
- Adjust the thermostat - If you’re on vacation there’s no reason to keep your home heated and cooled to your comfort level. If you have a digital thermostat you can set the thermostat back to your usual level so you arrive back to a safe, cozy home.
These are some painless tips to add to your spring break prep agenda, right after finding the perfect bathing suit. If you have any questions about protecting your home this season or want to review additional energy saving tips, give E.B. Air, LLC in East Bernard a call at 979-335-4262.