Whether you like winter or favor the warmer months in East Bernard, many of us make adjustments to be sure our home’s temperature keeps us content. This can have a big impact on your monthly bills, but there are steps you can take to reduce those energy costs.
- Check weather stripping – As the years go on, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to identify any drafts that have to be addressed.
- Utilize your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be helpful in keeping your space warm. Keep them open during the day when the sun is out, and make sure to close them at the end of the day, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter continually to see if it must be changed. We advocate at least once every three months, but that period of time can vary from house to house.
- Purchase a programmable thermostat – Programmable thermostats may seem like just a simple way to make sure your home keeps warm, but programmable thermostats can also help you reduce energy costs! You can arrange temperatures to be lower when you are away from the home or sleeping. Being more mindful of efficiency will help with heating costs.
- Add insulation to your attic – Look to see if you have an acceptable amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a useful tool to reduce the chances of heat escaping.
- Book routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system needs to have checkups, too. Hiring experts to clean and maintain your system will verify that your system is operating effectively and efficiently. They can also detect small issues that could end up as more pricey repairs if ignored.
- Assess your HVAC system – If your utility bills are continually increasing—regardless your efforts to improve efficiency—it might be time to consider a replacement heating system. The professionals at E.B. Air, LLC can help you examine the performance of your HVAC system and walk through the selection of newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps reduce the amount of money you are having to spend on heating bills, but many of them can help your heating system operate more efficiently. More efficient energy use also supports the health of your equipment, which means your system will last longer.
If you need routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide additional information on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give E.B. Air, LLC in East Bernard a call to start down the right path. Give us a shout at 979-335-4262 or arrange an appointment with us online.