Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in East Bernard during the winter time, when they’re necessary to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at E.B. Air, LLC will always be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is needed and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to test if it turns on.
- If everything looks correct, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call E.B. Air, LLC at 979-335-4262 and we’ll restore your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.